Tuesday, September 07, 2004

It's a Monday of a Tuesday

It's kind of painful to sit at my desk today for a bunch of reasons.

Perhaps foremost, this weekend I threw my back out playing tag football on Alki beach and boxing with my surrogate 6 y.o. and 9 y.o. nephews. But I had a good time. Turns out we only made one day of Bumbershoot -- Sunday. The highlight was The Bad Plus, which I understand is pooh-poohed among those who really know their jazz, but were a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

Last night we returned to a nice dinner with BF and K and talk of their first doctor's visit. I'm feeling happier for her all the time. Maybe in part because I'm recovering a certainty within my own skin that my turn will come. I don't really even know what that means. But for now, it keeps my heart roomy enough to love BF and K more than I pine for whatever is next for me and D.

I really have nothing to say. I'm just putting up something to put up something. It seems like a Monday kind of Tuesday thing to do.