Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Let's All Be Friends

Okay, I'm burying my political post.

As Thomas Jefferson said, "Politics are such a torment that I would advise every one I love not to mix with them." (Advice he plainly took to heart.)

I almost went with a Gracie Allen quotation instead ("The President of today is just the postage stamp of tomorrow."), but I was afraid it might not convey the same spirit of "not mixing with" politics that I was going for. :-)

Some odds and ends:
I'm in a good mood today but I have too much real work to do the one thing I most want to do, which is finish the Dreaming story. I think it's fallen into place. Can't promise it will please all --- for those of you who even still care, but it's feeling right to me. I hope to get to it soon...

BF and husband come back from France tomorrow night. I'm looking foward to seeing her. Though I am also feeling confronted by AJ's recent post, to look more closely at how much of the tangly feelings I've been having about our friendship have more to do with not being willing to let her change. Not so much in terms of her becoming pregnant, but more in terms of the changing nature of the purpose she serves in my life. Is my heart big enough to love and treasure her friendship unconditionally --- no matter what its shape and course? I do believe so. But probably, I need to live in a better acceptance of my grief over having lost the friendship we once had, as well as make a better effort to understand and appreciate the friendship we have now. It's all still good. It's just not always comfortable or easy.

That's all I've got for now.