Tuesday, October 26, 2004

No news is good news

I'm well. Queasy when I get hungry, but not throwing up.

I have an ultrasound appointment on Friday --- and I'm trying not to make myself crazy with worry or impatience in the meantime. I want to see this little one growing like mad inside my abdomen!

I'm a hormonal stew of emotions, irritable, weepy, or giddy within seconds of each other, and exhausted a lot of the time. Plus, OW... Sore breasts.

D. is being fantastic, as expected. Very patient with me. He's still figuring out the whole "Don't fix it, just listen" part of support, but he's not missing a single opportunity to let me know he loves me and remind me... I'm PREGNANT.

I just can't get over it! It's wonderful.

Getting very little work done and quickly coming up on a major crisis because of it. It's just very hard to take it particularly seriously right now. It seems so irrelevant to everything. It is, however, good distraction from the agony of watching the clock and calendar...

Our little one -- for the meantime, I'll call her/him Ducky -- is 26 days old today. In other words, Ducky is just today developing eyes and arm buds... It makes me tired just thinking about it.

And very, very excited!